Matthew C. Zuengler
Matthew C. Zuengler devotes his practice to advising individuals, families and closely held business owners on wills, trusts, estate, gift and retirement distribution planning, business succession planning, charitable planning, marital property agreements and probate and trust administration, including post-mortem planning. Matt has significant experience in sophisticated wealth transfer techniques and works closely with his clients in developing and structuring estate plans to achieve both tax and non-tax objectives.
Matt received his bachelor’s degree in Economics and Finance from Carroll College in 1993 and his Law Degree from Marquette University Law School in 1996. Matt is admitted to practice before all Wisconsin Courts, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin and the United States Tax Court. His professional affiliations include the State Bar of Wisconsin, Brown County Bar Association, Estate Planning Council of Northeast Wisconsin and Green Bay Estate Planning Forum. Matt is also a frequent speaker on estate planning matters.
Matt is also an accomplished author, having contributed to the following professional publications:
- Maximizing Benefits of Estate Planning Bet-To-Die Strategies,Marquette Elder’s Advisor
- Creating the Optimal Structure for Discounted Zeroed-Out GRATs,The Practical Tax Lawyer
- Section 529 College Savings Plans: Are They Really for Everyone?, Probate Practice Reporter
- “Is That Your ‘Final’ Answer”: An Analysis of the Final 401(a)(9) Regulations, Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal, Journal of Retirement Planning
- Splitting Assets Between Family and Charities at Death: Using CLATs to Improve the Opportunity Set, TAXES – The Tax Magazine, The Journal of Practical Estate Planning
Matt is also a contributing author of the Roth IRA Answers Book by Panel Publishing. In addition, Matt has served as a technical consultant in updating BNA Estate & Gift Planner™ software.
Matt’s current and past community involvement include serving on the Board of Directors of the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation, St. Mary and St. Vincent Hospital Community Advisory Committee, Major Gifts Committee of the Friends of St. Vincent Hospital Foundation, currently as chairperson, Executive Board of Greater Green Bay Chamber – Partners in Education – Drug Alliance and the Planned Giving Committee of the Bay Area Humane Society. Matt is also a graduate of the Greater Green Bay Chamber Leadership Green Bay Program.
Matt and his wife, Joelle, reside in De Pere, along with their four children.
You may contact Matt by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.